Sunday, June 27, 2010

Tarifa

The trip from Seville gave me another chance to get photos of the landscape.
While Riccardo went to have fish and chips and a beer in a real English Pub at Gibraltar, I went off exploring Tarifa. As usual it was pretty shut, being siesta time and the hottest part of the day. All the locals are sleeping off their big midday meal.






I like the sun and strolled out along the coast, stopping to dip my toes in the sea, watch a huge bumble bee and of course take photos... cacti, ancient stony roman roads, pretty beaches and crumbling ruins.





I was shocked at the amount of ( brightly coloured, beautiful, plastic) rubbish in the Mediterrannean.



Looking across the Straits of Gibraltar to Africa.


Fishing boats in the harbour, Tarifa.



A Statue of Jesus guards the entry to the harbour.


Tarifa is the southern most part of Europe and the place where the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet at the Pillars of Hercules.
I finished off my day with a dip in the Mediterranean and and a dip in the Atlantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment